Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Bag for StellaLyra RC8"

Do you think that this Oklop bag for 8" SCTs would be suitable to pack away the StellaLyra RC8" OTAs?

I worry about the posted dimensions as it doesn't say whether that is internal space or external, and OTAs always have some pokey bits that sometimes don't fit...

Edited by gilesco

10 minutes ago, JeremyS said:

I’ve only experience with the Oklop C9.25 bag.

Lovely item, well made. But the 8x50 finder does not fit the part of the bag that sticks out to accommodate it. I suspect it works for a 30 mm finder.

As I'm imaging mostly, I don't really use a finder scope any more, I just point, focus, plate solve, sync, and repeat a couple of times, then use goto, and plate solve with slew to target.

On 07/10/2021 at 12:31, gilesco said:

Do you think that this Oklop bag for 8" SCTs would be suitable to pack away the StellaLyra RC8" OTAs?

I worry about the posted dimensions as it doesn't say whether that is internal space or external, and OTAs always have some pokey bits that sometimes don't fit...

I have this bag - the internal dimension of the main pocket is 54cm (at a squeeze). It's not clear from the pictures but the end of the bag is a separate zipped pocket for bits and pieces (with a couple of velcro dividers). It accommodates by EdgeHD 8" with dovetail, clicklock and Celestron focus motor attached, but will not zip shut with a finder attached to the OTA.

I'd be worried about the over all length of the scope. An RC8 is going to have a focuser and probably extension rings in place at the rear of the scope. It's going to be quite a bit longer than an SCT. 

But do let me know if you order and it fits as I'm looking for something to store mine in too. 

Edited by JimothyC