NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher Evoguide 50ED / 50DX

23 minutes ago, cuivenion said:

Hi, I've seen the Skywatcher Evoguide 50ED also advertised as the 50DX. Is there any difference? Is the 50DX an update?

Looks like the same beastie to me. The sky watcher website advertises the Evostar 50DX showing a picture of an Evostar 50ED. https://www.skywatcherusa.com/products/evoguide-50-apo-refractor?_pos=2&_sid=1bddc1eb5&_ss=r

Edited by Ouroboros

FLO sell the new vixen style bar and spacer though earlier in the year this didn't exist so I've made my own vixen bar and spacer.

Also from another member's testing a shorty barlow mounted Infront of a diagonal gains missing focus travel for visual use, though I really need to test this with my 1.6 shorty.

5 hours ago, JamieA said:

If you take a look at the "skywatcher Webcast " which is held every Friday, they have a YouTube video for it, so will explain what the upgrade is all about.

Thanks. Funny thing is my 50ED came with all the accessories shown there. I guess they’re doing a bit of remarketing.  The video was useful though in suggesting using the 50ED (DX if you prefer) as a wide angle imaging scope with their field flattener, and the main  scope as guider. Quite a nifty idea. 

• 2 months later...