Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

White light and H/A Solar 22.09.2021

Pete Presland

Both full disc captures using a drift method, which involves allowing the disc slowly to drift across the chip. Then when stacking in A/S3 expanding the image to allow for this drift.

Unfortunately i can not always get the H/A image to stack correctly. The white always seems to work though.

1396083624_2021_09_2208.18fulldiscWLasi174mm.thumb.png.8d4c1a8e47bf59d2d5a3106676b0adc7.png884642718_2021_09_2210.34fulldiscHAasi174mm.thumb.png.c985ccfff9029c1e0b06611438a0656c.png

• Like 8

8 hours ago, Merlin66 said:

What filter and technique are you using for the H alpha????

Lunt 50th Solar scope and asi290mm.

If i am pushed for time, which is quite common as the Sun gets lower at this time of the year. I select the biggest ROI of interest i can and position the disc, at the bottom of it, then i drift the disc slowly across the ROI to allow a full disc capture in one go. When stacking in A/S3 i selected the expand as needed box to hopefully create a full disc.

It works everytime with the white light images.

Pete,

I'm intrigued by your method.

If I understand correctly you position say the top section of the disk in an ROI and drift it (typical rate??) such that the disk moves in and up in the ROI.

You then use AS3! to stack/align etc to present a final full disk image.

Is this correct???

Ken

1 hour ago, Merlin66 said:

Pete,

I'm intrigued by your method.

If I understand correctly you position say the top section of the disk in an ROI and drift it (typical rate??) such that the disk moves in and up in the ROI.

You then use AS3! to stack/align etc to present a final full disk image.

Is this correct???

Ken

yes, i use the term drift. I use the mount drives in reality to move the disc. My Asi174 almost covers the full disc anyway. its not a great method really, i thought it would be a quick way of capturing a low res full disc.

• Like 1