Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Starting out with a Pegasus motor focuser

42 minutes ago, Stuart1971 said:

Why not…?

I have never used the pegasus software, I have always set my focuser limits in the software that I am going to use to control the focuser and do my imaging with, and besides the settings are all saved in the motor eprom board in the controller, so if you do open the Pegasus software the settings are all identical anyway….🤔

not identical the last time i looked the ascom interface has less functionality.

35 minutes ago, Adam J said:

not identical the last time i looked the ascom interface has less functionality.

Who mentioned Ascom….😮 I don’t use Ascom, I use INdI….the INdI driver has all the same functions as the native software….👍🏼but yes the OP use Ascom, but it has all that is needed….👍🏼

• 8 months later...

Just a quick note to say thanks for this thread all - have found it v useful as recently switched to a Pegasus Motor Focuser & have been v puzzled by the focus behaviour.  Having stumbled across this thread, I suspect it was indeed backlash - have hopefully calibrated it along the lines suggested, will find out the next clear sky🤞🏾

Cheers all!