Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Full mosaic rework Orion 245

neil phillips

54 minutes ago, WestCoastCannuck said:

I FAR prefer the full size - myself I would not have posted the other two  lol.  On my 4K monitor it looks fabulous.  Tones great.  Details fantastic.   Great work!

Mike

You know i was thinking that looking at them Mike. I have had so little quality lately. Downsizing always seemed the thing to do. Appreciate your comments. I know how much you can spot problems in balance. So thats reassuring to me, to know you think i am on the right track.  I knew before the balance was off. But couldnt do a quick fix.  Now i want to do the same under good seeing but with a 2x Barlow Mike. But it wont be easy. The 178m is largish. But not large enough to prevent missing peices. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

You know i was thinking that looking at them Mike. I have had so little quality lately. Downsizing always seemed the thing to do. Appreciate your comments. I know how much you can spot problems in balance. So thats reassuring to me, to know you think i am on the right track.  I knew before the balance was off. But couldnt do a quick fix.  Now i want to do the same under good seeing but with a 2x Barlow Mike. But it wont be easy. The 178m is largish. But not large enough to prevent missing peices. 

The dreaded missing pieces...  lol.  I know the pain!  😄

1 hour ago, Pete Presland said:

Some seriously good detail visible at the full size,  some many of my favourite areas there to explore. The Moon really is a great object to observe and image, we should all probably do this more. I know i certainly should 🙂

Thanks Pete. One thing i love about the moon is. When patient its always going to give good conditions at some point. Unlike planets with bad years waiting years to improve. With the moon its weeks not years before the fun can start. 

You should get out there Pete. Its a lot of fun. Will be watching if you do. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WestCoastCannuck said:

The dreaded missing pieces...  lol.  I know the pain!  😄

I was at some point planning to try and setup EQ mosaic. But dont think my current mount supports it. Btw not sure if you do this. But sometimes worth running off a whole bunch of quick 1000 frames captures at the end as a backup. It doesnt always work. But often it can save your bacon 

Edited by neil phillips
  • Thanks 1