NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Laptop glare

Roy

Hello all,

I'm off to Kelling in April and I was just wondering what you guys use to cut out the glare from your laptops.

Is it a case of getting some red film to cover the screen (and if so where's the best place to get it) or are there other option.

Thanks in advance.

Hello all,

I'm off to Kelling in April and I was just wondering what you guys use to cut out the glare from your laptops.

Is it a case of getting some red film to cover the screen (and if so where's the best place to get it) or are there other option.

Thanks in advance.

Glad to hear you will be there Roy - we must arrange to meet up...

I created a cardboard hood with an upward sloping roof. The lappy sits in the box-shape in the tent - works well.

Phil.

Before using astro software with a red, night vision capability, I used the red lighting Gel, as Helen suggests.

I sandwiched it in a stiff carboard frame, and it did the job very nicely.

Bought mine at a local shop that sold and hired out disco lighting.

Dave

when im outside at home apart from having the screen brightness down i just chop the green and blue channels brightness down and max the red in the graphics properties color (sic) correction option. works ok for me and then i just restore defaults when im finished

Archived