NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC1396 & M31

David_Scotland

Another clear night and some of that astronomical darkness.

Started off with Narrowband imaging, some technical issues later.

17x2m subs for a total integration time of 34 minutes, darks from the library and no flats

IC1396 - Elephant Trunk Nebula

RASA8

Altair 183C Pro

L-Enhance filter

Processed in Pixinsight

image.thumb.png.141bdcfc05679c306906d3ac91a3ff56.png

When i finsihed the above noticed M31 was in my FOV between the 2 big trees at the bottom of my garden

Managed to get 182 x 15sec for a total integration of 45 minutes, no darks or flats

Same hardware as above, just with an L-Pro instead of the L-Enhance.

Happy with the data, nice and clean. Bit unsure of the processing, i'll need to get more data and re-process. Current image looks a bit washed out :(

image.thumb.png.4a79482d44a8881a0ca2007c7be45ee4.png

• Like 7

Nice! Andromeda looks a bit magenta to me. You've controlled the core well in your processing. Nice placement in the frame too. A 0.7x or 0.8x reducer would give you a nice amount of space (do you see what I did there 🙄) around the galaxy. 

18 minutes ago, assouptro said:

Great images for such short subs! 
what’s your sky like for light Pollution? 

cheers 

Bryan 

Bortle 6 normally, there is a petro-chemical plant usually in that direction which burns of excess gas, but no output last night which helped.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Stargazer33 said:

Nice! Andromeda looks a bit magenta to me. You've controlled the core well in your processing. Nice placement in the frame too. A 0.7x or 0.8x reducer would give you a nice amount of space (do you see what I did there 🙄) around the galaxy. 

Yeah, not enamoured with the processing, going to capture another couple hours and spend some time processing this. For some reason i find galaxy processing hard.