Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

decent cheap waterproof/sunproof cover

oh ok, it's 2 layer, so I thought it would do me. I don't intend to use it much, just might save taking stuff in at 3am when I'm done till I get up at normal time, etc - sort of insurance 'just in case' rather than an expectation of it raining. It's quite 'slippy' so I don't expect it to wear much for the use it gets - and for same reasons, didn't warrant paying 40 quid. I grant you I might end of regretting that if it does rain and stuff gets wet though 😞

Make sure it can't blow away 😁
I use a barbecue cover and that seems to be quite successful. If people have doubt about the efficacy of a cheap cover, why not double wrap your gear? Cover it with two!

4 hours ago, Lee_P said:

I bought a Cygnus Astro cover. Quite cheap compared to alternatives like TeleGizmos 365s. Hasn't let in a single drop so far! The chap makes them to order so can do custom sizes. Thumbs up from me! https://neilross758.wixsite.com/cygnus-astro-covers

I had one of his covers a few years ago and it was really good for the price, like you say Lee it never leaked and even his medium weight cover was very tough material.

I ordered a new one from him last week but haven't heard anything from him, hope he's still making them.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mike73 said:

I had one of his covers a few years ago and it was really good for the price, like you say Lee it never leaked and even his medium weight cover was very tough material.

I ordered a new one from him last week but haven't heard anything from him, hope he's still making them.

I can say for sure that he was still making them in March! I got replies to emails within a few days, fingers crossed he'll get back to you soon 🤞

• Like 1

Try putting a heavy duty garbage bag over the rig and under the tough cover as additional leak insurance.

Shop for contractor clean-up bags or 55 gallon drum liners in the 3 to 7 mil thickness for extra security.  They're insanely tough, but probably not UV resistant, so the need for another cover.

4 hours ago, pete_l said:

I use a barbecue cover and that seems to be quite successful.

I quit using these covers over my grill years ago.  They would always disintegrate within a year outside in the Texas sun.  It turns out grills don't really benefit from a cover anyway.