Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NINA imaging tab layout

oymd

i accidentally clicked the X (close) button of the sequence box in the IMAGING tab in NINA, and I am not able to reverse my action?

I've tried for an hour yesterday night to return NINA to the way it looked at the start of imaging, but have failed?

What am I missing?

When I started with NINA I messed up my imaging tab.  For what it is worth, if you go to Options>Imaging then you will find a reset layout button at the bottom right.  May not put you back yo where you were but it will put everything back so you can start again 🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, newbie alert said:

I've always found the layout in NINA pants.. I know you can adjust to suit yourself but when tabs hide and the bottom it's a frustrating hunt... so I just use NINA for focus and framing and then APT for capture...

Agreed. I can't understand the tab "docking" or whatever its called. I found the option to reset the layout and have left it at that as once you start moving things around it's difficult to understand how to reverse it all if you make a mistake.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, david_taurus83 said:

Agreed. I can't understand the tab "docking" or whatever its called. I found the option to reset the layout and have left it at that as once you start moving things around it's difficult to understand how to reverse it all if you make a mistake.

yes, once you change anything in the layout, its almost impossible to figure out what's where, and how to arrange the windows.

I found the reset layout button which helped.

Can I please ask about DITHERING?

How often should I dither? Every single sub, or every 2 subs etc?

2 hours ago, oymd said:

yes, once you change anything in the layout, its almost impossible to figure out what's where, and how to arrange the windows.

I found the reset layout button which helped.

Can I please ask about DITHERING?

How often should I dither? Every single sub, or every 2 subs etc?

I tend to dither at least once every 5 minutes or so. So after every 5 minute sub, or after every other 2 minute sub, or every 5 60s subs. It depends on how good your mount is at recovering and how much imaging time your willing to sacrifice as it all adds up.

• Like 1