Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ZWO Electronic Automatic Focuser

On my set up I have a Asiair which has my Dslr camera connected to it also the usb storage stick, my guiding camera and the eqmod cable to the mount. How do I connect the ZWO electronic automatic focuser ? I do not have any spare ports, Sorry if I appear a bit slow on this, all help much appreciated.

Many thanks 

Chris

Based in cloudy Devon

Interesting challenge, I don't have an Asiair but I do think that there is a typical connection diagram for it out there somewhere. At the same time, will you be looking at planetary stuff or DSO? If planetary, loose the guide camera and stick the EAF in there. With DSO possibly focus at the scope with the hand controller for the EAF? Be interesting to see how others do it. 

The main targets will be DSO, I have done quite a bit of research regarding this matter and |I just can't find a definitive answer. When you go to the ZWO website it shows it connected to a seperate laptop, which I felt defeated the object as I wanted to keep everything in  the Asiair program. However time will tell.Thanks for the reply.

18 hours ago, Chrissh said:

On my set up I have a Asiair which has my Dslr camera connected to it also the usb storage stick, my guiding camera and the eqmod cable to the mount. How do I connect the ZWO electronic automatic focuser ? I do not have any spare ports, Sorry if I appear a bit slow on this, all help much appreciated.

Many thanks 

Chris

Based in cloudy Devon

Best bet to use a usb hub

Have just had a reply back from ZWO and the answer it seems is a ugreen usb hub. They are about 12 pounds on amazon and mine is coming today so the proof will be in the pudding as they say. Thanks for the help

Chris

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Chrissh said:

Have just had a reply back from ZWO and the answer it seems is a ugreen usb hub. They are about 12 pounds on amazon and mine is coming today so the proof will be in the pudding as they say. Thanks for the help

Chris

I think they really want you to buy one of their dedicated cameras which has a built-in usb2 hub for the focuser and filter wheel 😈 , but it's good of them to suggest a cheap solution to your problem. 👍 

Any usb hub works fine. I use one with my asiair sometimes. However you might as well make sure you get a usb3 one. They are a few quid more and a bit more future proof as you will be able to plug usb3 stuff in.

Stu

• Like 1