Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lightweight Travel Tripod

Hi

I'm looking for a lightweight tripod. It needs to be able to handle a Skyguider and 4 kg load. Also needs to fold down as small as possible.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

🙂

Edited by Astro Noodles

• Astro Noodles changed the title to Lightweight Travel Tripod

I recently pushed the boat out and bought one of these its expensive but does everything for me, it has a weight limit of 12 Kgs but the tripod itself is only 1 Kg and comes with an ancillary 3/8 inch port for stuff like "magic arms" etc.

I have mine with an additional bowl head adapter and special ball head with a fully caged DSLR video rig sitting on top with no issues, the removable center column also gives so many other mounting options.

Alan

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

Another one to consider is this. I think there is a review of it or the Innorel version on this site somewhere in the review section.

found it 

Alan

20kg load is probably a bit overkill. Very nice though. 

5 minutes ago, Astro Noodles said:

20kg load is probably a bit overkill. Very nice though. 

I very nearly pulled the trigger on the Artcise myself but wanted portability so opted for the Sirui which is a similar design but a lot lighter but still with a decent payload of 15Kg. There are lots tho chose from though, I spent weeks watching reviews etc.

Alan

• Like 1

I personally use a Feisol CT3342 which is a really light 3 section tripod with really good stability and leg sections with large diameter.

It's also rather tall without a centre column that makes it even better for stability.

IMO perfect travel tripod for such uses.

Its hard to source in the UK unless you are willing to pay crazy money thanks to import charges from EU. But if you are patient you might eventually be able to find one on ebay etc for £200-250-ish (or CT3442 which is roughly the same but with 4 section and folds smaller).

Edited by nandbytes
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, nandbytes said:

I personally use a Feisol CT3342 which is a really light 3 section tripod with really good stability and leg sections with large diameter.

It's also rather tall without a centre column that makes it even better for stability.

IMO perfect travel tripod for such uses.

Its hard to source in the UK unless you are willing to pay crazy money thanks to import charges from EU. But if you are patient you might eventually be able to find one on ebay etc for £200-250-ish (or CT3442 which is roughly the same but with 4 section and folds smaller).

It's a bit more money than I'm hoping to pay for a tripod. I like that it is tall without the centre column and thus more stable. I will bear that in mind.