SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Cone in ZS66

ollypenrice

Very windy last night and so I was lucky to be on the little 66! The other kit was in use but the little'un clung on as the wind blew! The Ha was from a good night, the unbinned colour was the struggle.

Olly

PS this new forum machine is the one the French astronomers use.

post-15040-1338773566_thumb.jpg

Clear skies Brendan? Oh, but think of all the sleep we don't get! No, it really is a treat to get stuck into something and say 'Ill do the Ha tonight' and just do it.

And thanks Trudie. No shortage of things to learn in this game, eh? It's great to learn from each other. Life should be like that.

Olly.

Very fine image of a fascinating area Olly.

The 66 seems a good scope indeed.

Do you support the focuser in any way?

My ZS80 with the filter wheel and 16HR tends to sag a bit if I don't clamp it firmly in a 3rd guidescope ring.

Cheers

Rob

Very fine image of a fascinating area Olly.

The 66 seems a good scope indeed.

Do you support the focuser in any way?

My ZS80 with the filter wheel and 16HR tends to sag a bit if I don't clamp it firmly in a 3rd guidescope ring.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob,

No, I don't support it at all with the same setup as yours. I have very little drawtube out with the focal reducer in place - about 1.6cm I think. Do you have a reducer in use? There are those little allen keys on the focusser body which can be turned in a little to increase the pressure on the friction pads. That might help, though I guess you've tried it.

Can't wait to see more of your M51. I'm going to give that one all the time it needs in the 5 inch Meade.

Regards,

Olly.

Archived