Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

StellaLyra 8-24mm

Jforson

I have had a bit of a love hate relationship with zoom eyepieces in the past, I have had a couple of baader mrk3's which have always ended up with what can only be described as 'debris' within FOV.  

I did like the zoom for white light where seeing really fluctuates.  In that regard I am considering getting another zoom.  Has anyone experience of the StellaLyra 8-24mm zoom?

Thanks, I had seen that thread in the past, limited user feedback on the Stellalyra Lanthanum Zoom 8-24.

Having been slightly disappointed in the BHZ in the past I am reluctant to buy another.  I had also seen the pentax XL zoom but that is significantly more expensive and larger.  I am in no rush so will wait for some user feedback on the Stellalyra.  

2 minutes ago, Voyager 3 said:

Did you see the first thread before you started this thread ? 

Yes, and that particular thread although titled Stellalyra Lanthanum Zoom 8-24 really focused on BHZ and BST starguider (Orion version).  I was hoping that in the few months that had passed someone had possibly used the Stellalyra zoom.

as noted above I am in real rush and will wait some user feedback.

I had a Vixen Lanthanum 8-24 Zoom which I think is probably (optically) the same as the Stellalyra and it was brill. However, I did move on to the BHZ MkIV because of the wider AFOV.

Edited by Franklin
Correction

On 23/07/2021 at 01:54, Franklin said:

I had a Vixen Lanthanum 8-24 Zoom which I think is probably the same as the Stellalyra and it was brill. However, I did move on to the BHZ MkIV because of the wider AFOV.

The Vixen Lanthanum 8-24 zoom was made by a different company than the StellaLyra zoom, and in a different country.

On 23/07/2021 at 03:54, Franklin said:

I had a Vixen Lanthanum 8-24 Zoom which I think is probably the same as the Stellalyra and it was brill. However, I did move on to the BHZ MkIV because of the wider AFOV.

🤔The Vixen looks nothing like the Stellalyra:

spacer.pngspacer.png

Not only that, they were introduced about 20 years apart into the market.  The Vixen was Japanese made as I recall, while the StellaLyra is Taiwanese made.

Edited by Louis D
Correct Long Perng country of origin

54 minutes ago, Louis D said:

... the StellaLyra is most likely Chinese made.

All StellaLyra eyepieces are manufactured in Taiwan by either Guan Sheng Optical (GSO) or Long Perng. 

The 8-24mm Lanthanum zoom eyepiece discussed here is manufactured by Long Perng. So too are the StellaLyra LER and Kitakaru RPL series. 

All are covered by our 30-day return policy so if you buy one then find it doesn't suit your requirements, no problem 🙂 

HTH, 

Steve 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, FLO said:

All StellaLyra eyepieces are manufactured in Taiwan by either Guan Sheng Optical (GSO) or Long Perng. 

Thanks for clarifying that.  I had been thinking Long Perng was Chinese like KUO, JOC, and JROIC.  I've been touting GSO products for years, so I'll add LP to that list as well.

• Like 2