Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2021-07-18 low in the sky before sunset.

WestCoastCannuck

13 hours ago, neil phillips said:

That is super sharp Mike. Cant fault that in anyway. Tiny little pin pricks for lunar detail. I forget it can look like that. just wow at that elevation.  Man i love that scope. 

Thanks Neil!  I really should have listed the seeing as 4/5...  was waving around a fair bit but I knew there was good detail in the data.   That will be it for a while.  Hope the next rounds are good for us!  Here is a pic of the view just before setting up....  had to give it a go.  Lol

20210718_201415.thumb.jpg.2a0da6547b561537142840fc1b862df8.jpg

Clear Skies

Mike

Edited by WestCoastCannuck
Added pic

On 22/07/2021 at 08:36, Trevor N said:

That’s a cracking image Mike. For some reason I always check the detail inside Clavius and there is plenty. Just shows what can be done at a low elevation. Well done mate. Trevor

Thanks Trevor!    Low as it was, this is the best I have seen in almost darkness for a while.  lol  Itching to have a nice night time session again....  seems like forever since the last.

11 hours ago, CraigT82 said:

That is really very nice Mike, perfectly controlled tonal range (as usual from youl!). I'd love to have a look through that frac. 

Thanks Craig!   I really love it for viewing as well as imaging.   On a good night a while back, I was viewing  this incredible long pin thin shadow at the terminator - it was mesmerizing.   Was viewing at 325X with an old 3mm TV plossl (I think...  I borrowed it) - my eyeball view was better than I captured of the same area with my 8 inch.    At times I regret spending so much time imaging that there is often little left for just viewing.

Clear skies!

Mike