NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M16 The Eagle Nebula

peter shah

Just looked at a photo of the Pier 8 set up, I see what you mean about all the weight hanging off the wedge. Do you know by any chance how big the concrete base is that the wedge is bolted to?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tomato said:

Just looked at a photo of the Pier 8 set up, I see what you mean about all the weight hanging off the wedge. Do you know by any chance how big the concrete base is that the wedge is bolted to?

Yes I drilled 16x M12 250mm deep and anchored them in with chemical concrete cement (purposely made for anchor bolts).....It is anchored directly to Observatory floor.......no flex what so ever....still didnt make me feel any better expecting to see it lying on the floor the next day.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ollypenrice said:

That's perfect on all counts to my eye, Peter. Flawless and delightful.

Olly

Thanks Olly, you are very kind. I wasn't so sure about the colour to start with. I know lots of imagers try to avoid green tones in the SHO pallet, Myself I don't mind them so much.

Edited by peter shah