Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher AZ GTi - Cannot Connect

Nojus

26 minutes ago, AstroNebulee said:

In your device (tablet or phone) tap the synscan wifi and choose forget and then turned the mount off andc on and tried reconnecting as crws says. When you next reply coukd you give us a list of what you done and order just so it's refreshed in our heads. If this doesn't work I'd really get the skywatcher dongle and up date your firmware that way. It is strange though as your device is 'seeing' the mounts WiFi hot-spot. 

Agreed,

What's needed is a clear and concise list (bullet points help) of what you've done and what the result was.  Try to be as detailed as you can, the devil is in the detail as they say

• Like 1

On 26/06/2021 at 15:46, AstroNebulee said:

Hi @Nojus how is it going with your mount, I'm intrigued 

Today I've reinstaled syn scan and went out of city to try connection,even installed syn scan to other smartphone,app see the mount bet still saying not find,see pictures,perhaps I need new head,I will try to contact FLO before buy.20210628_161439.thumb.jpg.8fb2f6057a1fca731cccf4ad6d863333.jpg

20210628_161037.jpg

42 minutes ago, Nojus said:

Today I've reinstaled syn scan and went out of city to try connection,even installed syn scan to other smartphone,app see the mount bet still saying not find,see pictures,perhaps I need new head,I will try to contact FLO before buy.20210628_161439.thumb.jpg.8fb2f6057a1fca731cccf4ad6d863333.jpg

20210628_161037.jpg

So your phone/device is seeing the mount then in your WiFi settings, judging by the first image. What happens when you press connect on the first image. If it does say connect, my Dutch is well rusty but translating it in Google is forget for pamirsti and withdraw for the other, so is there no connect then, I still think a firmware update will sort it with the skywatcher dongle but please do contact FLO first 

Edited by AstroNebulee

Just a thought. Have you checked your phones WiFi setting and manually switched it to the SynScan WiFi?.Otherwise won’t connect to the SynScan if still set to your regular WiFi connection.

Edited by johninderby

From the top image it seems that you are showing an icon for wi-fi, but also a signal strength for mobile signal.  Can you confirm you have mobile data turned off as others have already stated.  If its running then the phone may be obtaining an IP address  from the mobile network, and thus the two will conflict.  In order for the phone and mount to talk they must be on the same IP address range.

With my experience of ESP devices,  it would seem that the head is working as it's broadcasting its SSID and your phone now has the mounts internal network IP of the device of 192.168.4.2.   Now if the phone is not on the same network, it won't connect.  I had this yesterday with a WeMos Miniu D1 device, it was running on the same address as your mount, but in order to place it on my home network I had to reset it so it broadcast its wifi manager so I could enter the SSID and network password for it to connect to my router and thus I could access it from any PC on the network (it's running a web server).  Now your mount is slightly different as you are not trying to hook it to your home network, but make a direct link between the phone and mount.    Is there any way to go into the settings of the synscan app and enter that 192.168.4.2 address into it so it knows the mounts address.

I don't think there is anything physically wrong with the mounts head.  It's something else that's causing a compatibility issue IMO 

smartphone has no mobile sim card, and both screens say that there is connected ( prisijungta means connected),but in last screen in previous post it also say "no device find".

I see also that synscan wifi setting button not activated in settings. Wrote to FLO already..

20210628_174453.jpg

20210628_161439.jpg

20210628_174308.jpg

I have just gone through no connect to my mount, 

Even if I'm connected to my home router I go to my devices WiFi settings and find my mount synscan b82f. 

I press the synscan b82f and then I get the first screen (I have a little exclamation mark next to the WiFi symbol to say there is no Internet access, because its just a hot spot by the mount) 

Then I open my synscan app and press the connect button at the top, second image. 

Then on mine as I've updated the firmware say az or eq mode. So I press the one I want and it connects. 

The WiFi settings bit in the synscan app won't be accessible until the device and mount are connected. 

And thd last image is thd details of my synscan connection on my phone wifi settings. 

Good luck with FLO, they will definitely help you but really don't think a new mount is needed. 

Of the devices you've tried are they all Samsung devices including the laptop. And have you tried connecting the laptop to the mount again. 

Screenshot_20210628_172817_com.android.settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210628_172835_com.skywatcher.synscanapppro.jpg

Screenshot_20210628_172848_com.skywatcher.synscanapppro.jpg

Screenshot_20210628_173828_com.android.settings.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee

Whats confusing me in the above examples is that in the image from AstroNebulee, it shows the host address (the mount) as 192.168.4.1 which being the first device is what you expect.  And then in Nojus posts it shows his network settings with an IP of 192.168.4.2 which would suggests the two devices are connected ? - where else would his phone get an IP address form if he has no other networks around him.

If you google this topic it's very well documented and seems to be quite common.  Not sure if the common denominator was Samsung devices, but the issues were very similar..  Regretfully I can't replicate this as I use an old defunct windows phone !

• Like 1

This is a follow on from my last post so read that first. I think the issue is with the synscan app maybe. 

On your phone can you go into settings, then find apps and then clicvk the synscan app to show my first screen. Click permissions and check that no access is denied like in my second image. 

Then in the first image again click data usage and see if all the sliders are on as in my third image. 

Then lastly go into storage in the first image and click clear data and cache to wipe the settings synscan pro holds. In my fourth image 

Hopefully this may sort your issue. 

Sorry its long winded but hard to show without showing you. Take note I'm not connected to my mount whilst following all these steps. 

Screenshot_20210628_175556_com.android.settings.jpg

Screenshot_20210628_175559_com.google.android.permissioncontroller.jpg

Screenshot_20210628_175614_com.huawei.systemmanager.jpg

Screenshot_20210628_175628_com.android.settings.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee

well ,today was my next attempt,outside the city,where no other wifi signal  was , and no success again, the only difference was hat application show IP 192.168.4.4 instead of IP 192.168.4.1 . FLO told me to do the same as you guys told ,I tried to do with completely other smartphone, and the same result.

I have no more ideas what to do next, SynScan  see head and at the same time say "no device found"

Edited by Nojus
  • Confused 1

Very strange indeed...  I was going to suggest uploading the firmware to the mount which should reset it back to factory and save you waiting for 4 hours (why 4 hours I don't know... can you imagine having to wait that long every time you reset your printer or router !!)  But then you need a direct connection to the mount, which requires the synscan handset and a PC-Direct cable, and those are optional and not included in the mount.  Now it may well be possible to use an EQDIR cable just to connect to the mount and upload the firmware, but I would strongly recommend speaking with FLO or RVO (or local astronomy retailer) to confirm if using this method of connection is safe ( looking at the diagram in the manual it should be OK, but again, I accept no responsibility if you follow my lead :) ).

Again I'm no expert in networkey things... but the fact it gave you a second IP address in the same range to me suggests that it may not have reset.  I presume you are not using AA batteries and that the mount was powered using a decent external power supply ?

As I don't own the mount I have read through the manual, and if I understand it correctly the mount can be configured in two modes, Access Point (AP) and Station (ST) mode.   By default it is set to Access Point Mode, and its address will be 192.168.4.1 with any other devices that connect to it being given addresses between 192.168.4.2 - 255.  If the phones you have tried both have IP addresses in this range then you should in theory be connected to the mount as the mount has issues the next available IP address that is free.

Station mode is where you connect the mount to an existing network.  For example if you were in range of your router and wanted to run an imaging session by using a PC that is also on that same home network.  The option to use DHCP or set a static IP etc is only applicable in this mode.

Other members have asked if you can connect to the mount using a laptop ? - can you confirm you've tried this ? - It will rule out (or confirm) if the issue is with the mount, or the wifi devices / apps on the phones that are the issue.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, malc-c said:

Other members have asked if you can connect to the mount using a laptop ? - can you confirm you've tried this ? - It will rule out (or confirm) if the issue is with the mount, or the wifi devices / apps on the phones that are the issue.

Yes, I've asked this, I'm sure the op said before he's tried a laptop but I still think it's needs it's firmware updating as I, then you have said in this post, I've recently bought the lynx astro eqdir cable from flo and Dan connect to my mount usding synscan Windows, maybe @FLOcould see if the eqdir cable would help update the mount or by using the skywatcher dongle via laptop, I've already said to the op about, I'm definite this will cure the issue but wait on flo good advice on this. 

Edited by AstroNebulee

I'm fairly confident an EQDIR cable would allow a PC to update the mount with the firmware, however without knowing if the wifi controller is integral to the main processor or a separate module.  If the latter, then reflashing the firmware for the motorcontroller may not have any effect, unless it reboots and kickstarts the wifi adaptor in the process.

You know there is something to be said for the old fashioned bog standard serial cable connection like that found on the EQ6 :)   - All this movement to control everything via a phone app... especially where you may be standing next to the thing is beyond me.... :)

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, malc-c said:

I'm fairly confident an EQDIR cable would allow a PC to update the mount with the firmware, however without knowing if the wifi controller is integral to the main processor or a separate module.  If the latter, then reflashing the firmware for the motorcontroller may not have any effect, unless it reboots and kickstarts the wifi adaptor in the process.

You know there is something to be said for the old fashioned bog standard serial cable connection like that found on the EQ6 :)   - All this movement to control everything via a phone app... especially where you may be standing next to the thing is beyond me.... :)

I managed to successfully update my az gti mount via the WiFi on my laptop, by downloading 2 pieces of software and sorted within 10 minutes, hopefully if the op can connect via the laptop then hopefully can do it this way,👍

finally I'm safe, I connected via SynScan WiFi dongle and it works.
Thank you for your advice.
One more question-do I need to update firmware anyway?

20210702_201510.jpg

20210702_201533.jpg

Edited by Nojus
  • Like 1

It would be interesting to see if updating the firmware resolves the issue with the inbuilt wifi module, just for curiosity sake.... seeing you have a fall back option now of using the wifi dongle if updating the firmware has no effect.  But if you are not inclined to do so then I can respect that... 

• Like 1

On 02/07/2021 at 19:28, Nojus said:
finally I'm safe, I connected via SynScan WiFi dongle and it works.
Thank you for your advice.
One more question-do I need to update firmware anyway?

20210702_201510.jpg

20210702_201533.jpg

I'm glad the dongle has worked for you now, it's totally up to you if you want to update the firmware and be interesting to see as malc says but totally up to you 👍

Edited by AstroNebulee

1 hour ago, AstroNebulee said:

I'm glad the dingle has worked for you now, it's totally up yo you if you want to uiodate the firmware and be interesting to see as malc says but totally up to you 👍

LOL - you've been watching too much Emmerdale 😄

• Haha 2

On 02/07/2021 at 21:31, AstroNebulee said:

I'm glad the dongle has worked for you now, it's totally up yo you if you want to uiodate the firmware and be interesting to see as malc says but totally up to you 👍

for now I'm happy , when have time will update on upgrade, this summer have to go to good site to observe in travel mode.My big boy EQ6 R works perfect..

Edited by Nojus
  • Like 1