NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Skywatcher AZ GTi - Cannot Connect

Nojus

Hi guys,I have problem with connection my AZ-GTI to SynScan after internet service provider made some changes with WIFI modem,before was working good.

I've changed IP to 127.0.0.1 but still not finding my mounting.

Have screen shot of this .Perhaps you know what to fix,thanks in advance.

1623830819020.JPEG

I'm not exactly sure what you're doing - but as far as I can tell, there shouldn't be any need to use the home wifi router. 

For me, I switch on the mount, disconnect the laptop from the home network and connect to the mount's wifi instead - which will be something like SynScan_aa99  and the IP address shows as 192.168.4.1 

I can then control the mount from the laptop. 

• Like 1

Agree with gfamily, the az gti doesn't use your home WiFi or router, the mount creates its on WiFi connection for you to connect your smart phone, tablet or laptop to and will be synscan and ldeters and numbers, check your WiFi settings in your phone and select the synscan one and this will connect to your mount fine, I fo this on my phone and laptop 

Is 192.186.4.1 the address of your router, which is also acting as a DNS server ?  If so then every device connected to is would need to be on the same IP range.  If by default your router is using 192.168.1.0  (or 192.168.0.1) as a default network then setting everything to a different IP range won't work unless you have set the router up to bridge networks.

Normally these wif-fi enabled devices broadcast their wifi connection as a hotspot, which you search for and connect to, much the same way as you wold normally search and connect to any other wifi device.  Depending on the device you are connecting to, it will then handle all the IP addressing, but most would use "ad-hock" type connections.

If you are not able to locate the mount when it is broadcasting its SSID this could be down to a few things.  It has to connect within 15 minutes of powering the mount up, so try power cycling the mount (turn it off and back on).  If the settings have been changed you can restore the default Wifi settings to factory default by turning on the power without the SynScan hand control connected and no App operations via the Wi-Fi connection for 4 hours.  The following was taken from the sysnscan app manual

Press the Connect button on the app’s top toolbar to establish connection between app and mount. If the mount supports being used in either alt-azimuth mode or equatorial mode, you will be prompted to choose one. You must re-connect if you wish to change mode. After connecting, you can disconnect by pressing the text on the top toolbar. The simplest way to connect a mount is by the mount’s built-in or external SynScan Wi-Fi adapter, as described in [Connect by Network]. The Settings > Connect Settings menu lets you specify how app tries to connect when the Connect button is pressed:

NETWORK CONNECTION Connect by IP network. If Find Device is enabled, the app searches the network for mount when connecting. If it finds multiple mounts in the same network, it will list all of them and the user should choose the right one by refereeing to the IP addresses. If Find Device is disabled, you must specify the IP address of the mount in the network in the Fixed IP field. This way of connecting is quicker compared to search.

NETWORK TROUBLESHOOTING • If you are using iOS, you may need to wait about one minute after joining the SynScan Wi-Fi hot spot for the first time. • If the device running the app is joining the SynScan Wi-Fi hot spot, you may need to disable the device’s cellular internet connection on connecting. Cellular connection can be enabled after SynScan app successfully connects to the SynScan Wi-Fi hot spot. • On Windows, if using Find Device fails to connect, try disabling unused network adapters in “Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings”. Alternatively, turn off Find Device.

Hope that helps

Edited by malc-c

Have you tried the synscan app on another device to see it it connects ok. In your image your device appears to be seeing the az gti mount as the synscan_ab43, strange why it won't connect, have you disconnected your device with synscan on  from the home router Wi-Fi first before trying to connect to the mount. 

You could always try turning off your router and then connect to the mount to see if that helps rule out certain elements. 

Hth

Edited by AstroNebulee

Very strange that, could you try the mount and device at a friend's house. 

Uninstall the synscan app and reinstall it may help as it'll hopefully reset all settings in the app. 

update the AzGti firmware are a few options.

Or take your mount out of range of your router and try again. 

also reinstalled synscan and went outside out of range of routers ,but no luck. Strange thing, because it worked before. I'm getting crazy already about it..

Edited by Nojus

It is very strange indeed, the issue isn't with your router anyway and like been said it doesnt use the home router, the az gti creates its own hot-spot doesnt it, so sounds like the mount is the issue as you've tried it with other devices. You could try installing a firmware from the skywatcher website

"Sky-Watcher | Sky-Watcher Global Website" http://skywatcher.com/download/software/motor-control-firmware/

which may reset the mount. Is it still under guarantee if so you could send it back to be repaired? 

Edited by AstroNebulee

"SW AZ - Gti mount firmware update?? - Discussions - Mounts - Stargazers Lounge"

Sorry I'm at work at the moment so can't be more precise but this thread should help on downloading the correct software for your mount, I'll help after work if needed. 

Ar the start of this video it'll show you how to update your firmware https://youtu.be/nWprnbnGPzM this will turn be eq mode as well as az mode and change the mounting of the scope to the right side of the clamp. This is how I have mine. 

Edited by AstroNebulee

2 minutes ago, AstroNebulee said:

"SW AZ - Gti mount firmware update?? - Discussions - Mounts - Stargazers Lounge"

thank you very much, will try after work. Have a nice day

• Like 1

which version of android is running on both your devices with synscan on as I've read somewhere that the latest version of android cam lead yo issues with the synscan on az gti  has the android version changed since the issues began.

https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/373650-azgti-and-android-11-update-alert/

This may not be causing it but just a heads up 

Edited by AstroNebulee

4 hours ago, Nojus said:

yes, I try to do as you've saying, but my synscan app cannot find AZ-GTI WiFi

20210622_124858.jpg

Can you swipe down from the top of the screen and make sure that your phone's wifi is connected directly to the AZ-GTI first before opening synscan?  

I usually switch on the AZ-GTI..  wait 1 minute.   Connect wifi on phone to AZ-GTI synscan.  once connected it will probably tell you limited or no internet connectivity.  Then run synscan app and connect to the azgti in the app..  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TerraC said:

Can you swipe down from the top of the screen and make sure that your phone's wifi is connected directly to the AZ-GTI first before opening synscan?  

I usually switch on the AZ-GTI..  wait 1 minute.   Connect wifi on phone to AZ-GTI synscan.  once connected it will probably tell you limited or no internet connectivity.  Then run synscan app and connect to the azgti in the app..  

I was thinking that and suggested it in my previous posts to the op as it looks as though it could he still be connected to the home WiFi, that would be one of my guesses. But he says he's gone out of range of the router and turned on router also, dfo puzzling that'd why I suggested a fresh firmware update to clear anything. 

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gfamily said:

Go to Settings - then Connect Settings, and make sure you have the Network mode selected (not Serial) 

Does that help? 

Screenshot_20210622-174646.thumb.jpg.306622cb7d8ee3163afac038e3b0c9c8.jpg

Hopefully you've cracked the mystery 😊, proves my baffoonary suggesting update firmware but would be a good idea to also 

1 hour ago, Gfamily said:

Go to Settings - then Connect Settings, and make sure you have the Network mode selected (not Serial) 

Does that help? 

Screenshot_20210622-174646.thumb.jpg.306622cb7d8ee3163afac038e3b0c9c8.jpg

I will try it when wil be home,still working,thanks guys for advise anyway..

• Like 1

regarding Android version, both Android 4 and Android 10 not working, although it worked before both.

And to update firmware need wifi connection between laptop and AZ-GTI, so it is not possible ,that's the my main problem ,no connection between head and laptop or tablet.

Edited by Nojus
  • Like 1

Ok I don't use these devices, but normally they don't connect to your home network.  They broadcast their SSID, which you use your phone or laptop to connect to.  The device then sets up the network connection between it and the phone or laptop as an separate network, which is probably why people are suggesting changing the IP back to a default internal IP.  Once you have made that initial connection, then most IOT devices allow you to enter the details of your home network if they need to.  Seeing that this is simply a means to control the telescope from your phone via an app that emulates the handset then there is no need for it to join your main network.

If there is a way to reset the mount back to factory and then un-install the app and its settings, and reinstall, then give that ago. 

• Like 1

I have no idea why they state four hours to clear the settings in flash memory !!

At least this way will hopefully get you connected.... often after making multiple changes you can be chasing your tail trying to resolve an issue - often the best way is to reset and start over, and then make one change at a time, testing to see if they work.

Hopefully the update you'll post later today will be a positive one :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1