Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Old Meade Telescope

Astro Noodles

When I moved into my house, about 5 years ago, I found a Meade telescope in my loft. I wasn't into Astronomy at the time. So I mentioned it to a friend of mine down the pub and he said he wouldn't mind having a telescope - so I gave it to him. The next time I see him, I'm going to ask him if he still has it, and if he would lend it back to me if he isn't using it. 

I don't remember much about it but it's features were thus. A refractor, maybe 80-90mm. Not all that heavy. About 1 metre long. It had a goto mount which was an alt-az with a built in wedge. The mount was a bit plastic.

Does anyone have ant ideas about what it is?

No idea at all, but get it back. GET IT BACK. Not into Astro at the time is not an excuse. If your friend refuses then take legal action.

I have seen Judge Judy to know how many times a gift can be recalled if you call it a loan 🤣

Be ruthless, scopes are more precious than any long term friendship so do the right thing and post a review of your latest equipment.

Marv

• Like 1

If he is using it, then that's fine by me. 

He's not the sort of guy who would put it on ebay. I'm confident of getting it back, but having given it to him I think that I should ask that he lend it to me on a long term basis. 

Far too soft. This a dog eat world and you seem to be lining up to be dinner😂

It doesn’t matter if he is using it! GET IT BACK. If he had been using it then I am sure he would have said things like “amazing lunar terminator the other night” I can be certain he sold it on the internet.

TRACK IT DOWN ruthlessly without remorse, we need a visual report! 

Marv

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Marvin Jenkins said:

Be ruthless, scopes are more precious than any long term friendship so do the right thing and post a review of your latest equipment.

Marv

Love it Marv !.....:headbang:

12 minutes ago, Peter Drew said:

I'd give away all my telescopes rather than lose a long term good friend.    🙂

Well said.

I'm hoping that I can rope him into astronomy. We have done beer brewing and barbequing together as hobbies.

• Like 1