NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 10 June 2021

Peter_D

Hi,

Here's my first Jupiter of the year.  The local time was 4:00 so Jupiter was at 20 degrees elevation. I used an ADC for the first time and it really proved its worth. 

Equipment: Meade 2080, ZWO ASI224mc, ZWO ADC, Baader UV-IR Cut filter, 2xBarlow.

5000 frames RAW8, best 15% used. PIPP, AutoStekkert!3, Registax6.

Lots of room for improvement - I will see if the unBarlowed data produces better results.

Thanks for looking

Peter

Jupiter_10-6-21.png

Edited by Peter_D
  • Like 3

Some good detail on that Peter

RGB align is off, No ADC means when you stack on AS/2 tick RGB align in the box on there, i find it helps. RGB colour balance on registax is also useful. Again just click estimate. though sometimes it guesses wrong.

None the less as i said some good detail 

• Thanks 1

Thanks Neil for the advice, I see it's very yellow now, was half asleep before! I'll see if I can improve things.

The ADC certainly helps but the hot weather has arrived here - the air was very unstable. It's a bit of a catch 22, here, you don't get consistently clear skies until the summer but the heat really affects things.

Nice image!

It was amazing here in Fla at 4:30 my time.

Io's shadow was transiting looking perfectly round to me. My first view of a transit that clear.

Sadly, with my manual and jiggly mount I can just barely make it out in my single images.

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback!

..I've tweaked the RGB levels a bit and I think it looks a little more Jupiter-like now (or maybe not!)

Clear skies

Peter

Jupiter_10-6-21_3.png.93981e3c8c4cb32262cd817860b81679~2.png

Edited by Peter_D
  • Like 2