Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Help with AstroBerry

GHOSTGOJ

Hello, 

recently got a raspberry pi 4 for my astrphotography and have flashed astroberry onto it. i had a good look around and found a setting with i thought would make it headless but has just made me incredibly confused. I have attached an image of the problem, where i got rid of the desktop without realising what it would do. 

My question is, does anyone know the commands to return this to the desktop of astroberry?

Cheers,

George 

IMG_0205.jpg

I am no expert on RPi but I once got into a similar position with other software and I made a note of this......

Type the following command:

sudo raspi-config

Then, use your arrow keys to navigate to Enable Boot to Desktop and press enter. Select the Desktop login option and press enter.

Reboot

worth a try

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Tomatobro said:

I am no expert on RPi but I once got into a similar position with other software and I made a note of this......

Type the following command:

sudo raspi-config

Then, use your arrow keys to navigate to Enable Boot to Desktop and press enter. Select the Desktop login option and press enter.

Reboot

worth a try

That't brilliant, just gave it a try and worked. Thank you for the help👍

George 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

More help with Astroberry please, hope that you don’t mind George 😊

Astroberry installed on a RPi4 seemingly with no issues.  Changed default user password away from astroberry as recommended.  Now sudo commands prompt for a password however both the new user password and original aren't accepted.  Is the su password different to these or is it something else?

CS, Andy

13 minutes ago, fireballxl5 said:

More help with Astroberry please, hope that you don’t mind George 😊

Astroberry installed on a RPi4 seemingly with no issues.  Changed default user password away from astroberry as recommended.  Now sudo commands prompt for a password however both the new user password and original aren't accepted.  Is the su password different to these or is it something else?

CS, Andy

su is for the PI account me thinks I'll check on mine 

Been setting mine up… so far so good. Really do like Ekos. 

Been more playing with the setup so far and making sure I understand how guiding works etc  

It’s the little grey box behind the guide scope. 

I have mine booting from an SSD rather than the SD card. 

7360B10B-070F-43ED-AD65-3043DE299B6F.jpeg