Jump to content



New Members
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral


  • Rank

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. That puts my mind at ease, it’s interesting how it can look every questionable straight out of the camera and then normal once processed a bit cheers for the help george
  2. Is is just something that you just deal with or have found ways of fixing it? George
  3. hello, I have been imaging the California nebula and found that there was a large gradient in the final image. I have now taken some flat frames for the setup and found that the gradient was in all of the photos and took up about 1/3 of the sensor space. I have attached an image of a flat frame to show the issue. I am currently using a skywatcher esprit 100ed with my ASI 294 MC PRO. Between the two of them are, field flattened, ZWO OAG, 2 spacers and ontology l-enhance filter. I have checked down the objective and can see no issues with the alignment up to the filter.
  4. I bought this mount with the Celestron 8se in 2018 and it worked flawlessly for the short time I used it. I now use a Skywatcher HEQ5 Pro for astrophotography, and therefore have no need for this mount any more. When I did use it, it was pain-free to set up and, with my 8se, was brilliant for visual use or lunar photography. If you do wish to use this for astrophotography, there is a Celestron Wedge available to convert this mount to an equatorial mount. Condition: A few minor cosmetic issues, the biggest of which is at the bottom of one of the legs on the tripod. It is situa
  5. Cheers for the help, I usually have it set to 120 but was slacking for this run. It's a real pain trying not having the gain either in the name of the file or indeed the easily visable metadata of the file when viewed in properties. Having said all that, your help has been greatly appreciated and i hope you get some clear skies soon! (Weather permitting)
  6. Here is one of the subs. Just a quick question - if the gain was set to 0 woudl that explain the lack of actual nebulocity within the final stacked image? Light_pleiades_60s_Bin1_0003.fit
  7. The aquisition was done with an asiair pro, with gain either 120 or 0. I don't remember which one it was as i set it to 0, then power went out resetting settings (i think) and then i took the images. as far as stacking is concerned, i used deepskystacker with the dark frames. I however have now restacked the image but idk if thats going to make a difference or not.
  8. I used the ASI 294mc pro so cooled to -20 degrees C so the camera itself shouldn't be a problem, or atleast i would hope not
  9. Hi there, Took about 3 hours of data in 1 minute subs (unguided bc mount decided to be difficult) and cannot for the life of me process the data to give an image that actually shows off the nebula decently I have attached the unedited stacked image with darks, no bias or flats. I have photoshop and lightroom for my image editing, although i have been thinking about purchasing pixinsight. It would be interesting to see how others process their data so i can make changes to my work flow for producing good quality deep sky images. If anyone has any good software ideas then
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.