Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pi Scorpii to Dschubba Mosaic

Tom OD

Hi SGL

This is my first Deep Space image for a while. I ve been collecting data for three mosaics as Summer and Winter projects over the last one to two years, so its nice to finally finish one.

This took two Summers to image. Its so low even from the observatory, that  could only get a maximum of 3 hrs a night on it. And a lot of the time just two hours.
The is a three pane landscape mosaic from Pi Scorpii to Dschubba Scorpii at the head of the the constellation Scorpius.
Each pane has 12hrs RGB, and 4hrs Ha with 2 hrs of Lum. So a total of 54hrs on an object that barely reached +23 degrees above the Horizon at the top frame and only +19 for the bottom frame.
Taken with a Tak FSQ106ED and Atik 11 Meg camera. Thanks to Olly Penrice for switching out my 11meg with his for the last two months. Mine may be goosed. I ve yet to go trouble shoot it.

Pi Mosaic LHaRGB Web.jpg

• Like 26

Thanks everyone for your comments. I m really happy how it came out, but I ll still just give it a bit more lunch or contrast for the final version. I was mostly concerned with keeping the sheer amount of stars from overwhelming the field. 
Tom.