Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

More Evo 120

neil phillips

Seeing was pretty rubbish on the 19th. What is also stopping better quality with this scope is i am running it on a mount with the wrong motor gear. So the image is constantly moving, i am just using the hand controller going backwards and forwards to try and get more frames.  So its not ideal for image quality. But i want to test the scope as this is the first attempt i have tried higher power with it. I actually feel for its size its showing promise. Time will tell.  GSO 3x ED barlow Baarder 495 longpass to rid the scope of the out of focus blue spectrum. Converted to greyscale. QHY462C Camera 

Downsized to 50 %

evo 120 sgl.png 4.png 5.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Trevor N said:

Looks good to me Neil 👍

Cheers Trevor. Cant wait to get the bigger scope running. But i actually enjoy trying to get good images out of scopes that are not considered the best. there is a certain amount of satisfaction i feel doing that. How many really good Evo 120 lunar images are there out there ? Not many from what i have seen. Work in progress better should be coming i hope

Edited by neil phillips

4 hours ago, WestCoastCannuck said:

Good stuff!  Indeed the potential is there!  I hope you can get your mount running right and some decent seeing - I bet results will be satisfying.  :)))

Feels that way to me too Mike, you know, yourself, untill good results start coming in you always wonder, Is this something i want to bother using ? My thoughts especially after this is yes.  Had to push a bit hard to present it. But as you say better should be coming