Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Light 180 Skymax

Trevor N

More of a test than anything else last night to see how the new scope performed. The seeing wasn't brilliant  but I'm well pleased if I can get this or better detail. As expected, the images improved as the scope cooled down but I was only outside 1.5 hours at most.Taken at prime focus with an ASI 120 MM camera. About 400 shots from 1600

ptol-chain-b180-Skymax.jpg

• Like 6

Fine image, I loved my 150 skymax, only gave it up to fund another scope at the time but, I miss it and will have another in the near future. They certainly do a fine job on lunar and planetary.

• Like 1

Thanks Neil . For the first time in  years I set up to take the sun the other day. I took loads of AVI files but left the setting to over wright the last one ! It saved the last file and I lost the rest. I thought it was just me. Hope you sort out the pattern noise. Its my lack of understanding but I find these techy issues a real pain.