Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

15th May Calcium II K solar session.

Nigella Bryant

Hi all, a very short session between very fast morning clouds. The dome was being buffeted by gusts of wind and the seeing wasn't that great. I only managed to capture one decent image in Calcium II K, it was impossible to use the HA. I did spot another small spot development in the plage East of AR2822 nearer the North Eastern Limb and what seems like a new plage area on the South Eastern limb coming onto the disk. 100mm AR stopped down to 80mm, zwo asi 178mm Camera.

20210515-151236UTellabryant-FDCaK-col.jpg

20210515-151236UTellabryant-FDCaK-eb.jpg

• Like 6

11 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Always something to see, these solar images of yours, such fine detail and uniformity across the whole disc is amazing.

Yes solar is always changing, that's what I like about our nearest star. Thanks, appreciate your comment. 

Nigella

I am always massively impressed with your images as an “amateur” , I know that word probably doesn’t do your craft justice.

I must ask do you submit these images to any scientific institution as they must be very valuable from a record point of view?

or do you perhaps have them published?

I suppose the same question goes to everyone who produces fantastic images on this forum.

Keep up the good work 😁

9 minutes ago, Andy ES said:

Nigella

I am always massively impressed with your images as an “amateur” , I know that word probably doesn’t do your craft justice.

I must ask do you submit these images to any scientific institution as they must be very valuable from a record point of view?

or do you perhaps have them published?

I suppose the same question goes to everyone who produces fantastic images on this forum.

Keep up the good work 😁

Hi Andy, yes, they are sent to the British Astronomical Association solar section and correlated by them. Many thanks for your comments, much appreciated.