NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

too cold

just been out to look at Saturn. Reasonable views but every time I got the rings sharp the eyepiece misted. Any tips other than try and improve my breath holding? :laughing2:

Warm the eyepiece in your pocket first, usually delays any misting.

i actually hold my breath (like a sniper) and when forced to breathe attempt to blow it away from the eyepiece and finder scope via the creation of a pouting expression with the mouth, and a turn of the neck also away from them :laughing2: .......well you asked

i actually hold my breath (like a sniper) and when forced to breathe attempt to blow it away from the eyepiece and finder scope via the creation of a pouting expression with the mouth, and a turn of the neck also away from them :laughing2: .......well you asked

I wouldn't broadcast your method too vigorously "roberte76!"

philsail1

P.S. As keen as I am to get out viewing, when it's that cold "earnshaw," I think well Saturn's been around for millions of years, missing it for another week or two won't matter!

Archived