Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Astronomy for Mobile phones.

Hi there,

I've just taken a while and read through all posts returned by a search on mobile phones. I'm wanting to get some software of a planetium nature for my mobile. Are there decent programs out there. I can't afford a iphone, (but did think about it!) :nono: and have gone for a nokia 5800. It runs the 5th ed of symbian OS.

I will be able to use internet so would I be better bookmarking a good site. I'll rig up some red filter cover.

Thanks

Brian

• 1 year later...

I can recommend Taiyoukei

I run it on my Dell X30 (WM2003se). I got my Dell off Ebay for £21 complete with the Dell GPS unit a year a go. Also got an Dell X5 but it needs a little work.

This weekend just gone I was on a long weekend in the middle of Devon and Saturday night the night was perfect, so I sat outside with a pair of my father's bins and was using Taiyoukei in horizon view to find and out and to point out to the others where everything was.

PS, I use a Moto K1 for my phone. No need to a smartphone just yet.

I use Astro Navigator II AstroNavigator - Windows Mobile Astronomy Application

DeluxeMoon by -freeware Lifeware Solutions

pocket stars- Pocket Stars - Astronomy software for Windows Mobile Pocket PCs, Smartphones, and desktop Windows.

SatCE for ISS predictions ,also iridium flares ,and other satellites

SatCE : Nerdipedia

Free registration for the above.

I use a pda/phone WM 6.1,some of the above are available for other platforms.

Yep the iPhone is pants! I have one for work and would happily give it back. The only good thing I've found on it is the Met Office and iBooks with a free copy of Astronomy of To-day (sic) from around 1912. Interesting reading!

My proper phone is a Nokia E72, which is currently being repaired where I broke the screen :) (my fault, nothing to do with Nokia)

The best app I have for that is Tapatalk so I can keep in touch with SGL!

Archived