Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Tonights moon 43.9%

Kon

I took some singles frames of the moon with my Don and Nikon on prime focus. 23 frames iso 200, exposure 1/100 and stacked in siril and some editing in gimp. The viewing was amazing tonight!

moon19.jpg

• Like 8

HI Kon Nice picture, I spent some time looking at the moon tonight using my etx90 with a binoviewer and a pair of 20mm eyepieces.

Although been a fan of astronomy for50 plus years I have not done any serious astrophotography wished I had done now

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kimboman said:

HI Kon Nice picture, I spent some time looking at the moon tonight using my etx90 with a binoviewer and a pair of 20mm eyepieces.

Although been a fan of astronomy for50 plus years I have not done any serious astrophotography wished I had done now

Thanks. It looked great last night. I would not call my shots serious astrophotography 😅. But i enjoy  a few shots every so often. I prefer visual.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kon said:

Thanks. It looked great last night. I would not call my shots serious astrophotography 😅. But i enjoy  a few shots every so often. I prefer visual.

Likewise. But I am enjoying the idea of being able to get a permanent record of what I have been looking at 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Dark Vader said:

Nice work Kon - looks like you've caught the Lunar V & X there. 

Being new in the hobby I had to google what V and X meant🌛! I can see them now!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dark Vader said:

I'm still quite new myself and last night was the 1st time I've seen them. Keep an eye out for the Golden, or Jewelled handle when the terminator reaches the Jura mountains on Mare Imbrium.

Forecast cloudy with possible rain for me tonight 😕