NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

nikon coolpix

hi everyone. probably wrong section but here goes

bought my wife a 10" dob for xmas, she wants to put her camera on it and take a couple of pics of the moon or maybe a dso?

her camera is a nikon coolpix p530, so what adaptor any any ideas on settings. maybe she could try 2 sec exposure or what ever. you guys no best

thanks

mike

1 hour ago, faulksy said:

hi everyone. probably wrong section but here goes

bought my wife a 10" dob for xmas, she wants to put her camera on it and take a couple of pics of the moon or maybe a dso?

her camera is a nikon coolpix p530, so what adaptor any any ideas on settings. maybe she could try 2 sec exposure or what ever. you guys no best

thanks

mike

I think your options are limited with the P530 as it is a bridge camera and does not have any filter threads. You could get an adapter kit like this or this and then use some step down rings to attach a 1.25" or 2" nosepiece. Alternatively if you have Hyperion eyepieces you could get the kit to attach to them instead of using a noisepiece. I am not sure though with the P530 you would be able to achieve focus - the macro mode has a closest focus point of 10cm, and standard focus is 50cm.

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

As far as I can see, no adapters for that camera are available... Not even a possibility for ep projection, other than holding the camera against the eyepiece.
Maybe a better option is to buy a 2nd hand canon body. They are cheap and available on the 2nd hand market

Succes!

Waldemar

• Like 1

2 hours ago, knobby said:

Not sure about adaptors but the moon appears very bright so you'll probably want something like 1/250 sec.

thank you

1 hour ago, Waldemar said:

Hi Mike,

As far as I can see, no adapters for that camera are available... Not even a possibility for ep projection, other than holding the camera against the eyepiece.
Maybe a better option is to buy a 2nd hand canon body. They are cheap and available on the 2nd hand market

Succes!

Waldemar

thanks waldemar, thats handy to know.