Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My first ISS Lunar Transit - 24th March 2021

CaptainKingsmill

I'm absolutely thrilled to capture my first ever shot of the ISS. 

I was exceptionally lucky a few days ago, I checked out of pure curiosity to see if there was a lunar pass near me soon, not with any real intent to try and capture it.
but ass luck would have it, there was one listed for the 24th, but it was quite a bit further north than me, but as the days got closer, so did the pass, until the centre line settled no more than a mile from my house, what luck!
I fully expected clouds would spoil any opportunity anyway.... but yet again luck shone on me and it was clear albeit with a slight haze, so I thought I'd give it a shot,

My only annoyance is the shot I got was right while it was over a maria, so i've had to be a bit liberal with the ISS contrast to make it stand out and now looks a little artificial as it's lost some of it's finer detail. But with the amount of luck I had getting that shot virtually right outside my door, I can hardly complain.
I'm still learning the art of stacking and editing too, so thought's and critiques very much welcome. 

Below is my stacked image, and also the single frame as captured, unedited. 

Shot details:
Best 160 of 200frames
1:1250
ISO400
Skywatcher evostar 102 (Focal length 1000mm F/9.8)

2071833277_2021_03_24_lapl5_ap3841(2).thumb.jpg.18103537a0adcd86ae7c6df19e17ee80.jpgIMG_0360.thumb.JPG.2f6e78c15a1c0f9e4884e2acf51534c1.JPG

• Like 2

Well done. I watched that pass last night and saw it pass close to moon. I must admit I've never checked up on ISS transit predictions. If I'd seen it transit I would have regretted not rolling the obsy roof back... 

• 2 weeks later...