NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Entangled particles used for communication

2 hours ago, saac said:

I showed a video in class the other week and learned that  we recycle the phosphorus from our waste.  It's removed at water treatment plants then  goes back into crop fertilizers . Pretty ingenious , the things you learn in school :) 

Jim

Gardeners World (before its PC phase) used to advocate peeing on your compost heap.

Regards Andrew 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, andrew s said:

Gardeners World (before its PC phase) used to advocate peeing on your compost heap.

Regards Andrew 

I'll may occasionally howl at the moon but that is a step too far :) 

Jim 

At this juncture one wonders (wanders?) whether the OP had any idea where this might head? 

We've literally gone from some esoteric Quantum supposition to extracting the "P" 🤣  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, JamesF said:

Geoff Hamilton, I bet :)

Ha! you beat me to it ! I was about to post "My Goodness, How We Have Become Entangled"

and : "household liquid activator", even before Geoff and GW, was much celebrated in the organic world as a speeder-upper of making leafmold (autumn leaf falls take long time to break down otherwise) and useful for other composts but not really necessary in 'ordinary' heaps.

Dont ask how I know ;)

Edited by Corncrake

I bet Bob Flowerdew pees on his compost heap.

In Captain Corelli's Mandolin the book starts with the old Doctor peeing on his compost heap.

16 hours ago, andrew s said:

Interestingly,  its phosphorus that

Nothing in life is simple !  The production, from phosphate rock, of phosphorus for fertilizer and animal feed creates a hazardous waste product called phosphogypsum. Radioactive !

How do I know all this, well Florida produces a lot of it and has just declared an emergency evacuation of 300 homes and the closure of a motorway after a leak from one of its storage ponds. :(

BBC World news :
"A state of emergency has been declared in Florida after a leak from a large pond of toxic wastewater in Tampa Bay"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56629013

• Like 2

On 24/03/2021 at 13:04, Michael Kieth Adams said:

Why radio telescopes fail to encounter signs of civilization.   Using radio signals for communication does not make sense.   Long distance conversations become next to impossible using radio, but using some form of communication based on entangled particles should be instantaneous, and would quickly displace radio communications. We hear nothing because we are listening for the wrong things.  Just a thought.

The thought has occurred to me before. 

Just commenting.