Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Usb/cigarette lighter splitter!

Hi all, 

Just seen a splitter that does several USB's and cigarette lighter connections made by OOWolf on Amazon at about £18 mainly for in the car but would be suitable for directly off any Powerbank. Didn't know whether to put it on Imaging thread or this one but any thoughts would be welcome.

John  

I have one of these in the car, gives me 4xUSB and 3 or 4 (can't recall which now) ciggy outlets, the USB ones capable of 2A output. Means phone and other accessories (I have a few like HUD GPS etc) can all be easily hooked up. Had it a few years now and it works very well. Note that its USB power and not a data connection/hub tho.

PS, similar to this one
Eletrand 120W 3-Socket Cigarette Lighter Adapter, 12V/24V DC Outlet Splitter with 4 USB Ports Car Charger for Phone,Tablet, Android, Samsung,Galaxy, Note, HUAWEI,GPS, Dashcam, Radar Detector: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

I use right-angle USB adaptors so that it would ft into the space I wanted and make USB connections easier.

Edited by DaveL59

Excuse the ignorance but what's the difference between USB power and data connection/hub? I've recently bought a Swarey Power Bank and am really pleased with it but need something to connect my Star Adventurer, dew strap controller and dummy battery etc, to all together. I may reinvest in a EQ5pro mount soon also so getting one for the immediate future. Which one is recommended do you think?

If all you need is power via a USB connector then they'd be fine. If you need to also use the data connection then you'd need a USB hub that can then also link to your PC or controlling device.

Power uses only 2 pins on the USB plug, tho some USB power outlets may also connect the data cables too in order to spoof a device that it is connected so it would enable charging or fast charging.