NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ES 17mm 92° EP on its way

Nice one - well done.

Can't find another one for me could you? 
I've had a new one on order since December 2020 and the last update I had was that it won't come before May 2021 at the earliest. 

[Where is the jealous emoji.....  :icon_mrgreen:  ]

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Rather excited that I have been able to find a second-hand ES 17mm 92° EP for a very reasonable price. I love my 12mm, which replaced the Nagler 12T4. Now the Nagler 17T4 meets the same fate. The new EP should arrive on Friday. 

Good find !

My admiration for this eyepiece has grown after some initial uncertainty.

The night before last I just used that one eyepiece in my 12 inch dob for a whole session of galaxy hunting.

Best eyepieces that ES have produced IMHO.

• Like 1

You're in for a real treat. I love the 12mm but I love the 17mm even more! Both provide incredible views. Enjoy!

I really wish there were a couple more focal lengths avaiable in the ES92 range.

Yep, I did the same thing several years ago,  except in reverse.  First, the 17mm ES-92 replaced my 17mm Nagler T4.  The next year, the 12mm ES-92 replaced my 12mm NT4.  Now if only ES would make a ~22mm version to replace my 22mm NT4. 😉  I don't think I'll hold my breath on that one happening any time soon, though.  I bought the 26mm Meade MWA to see if it could fit the bill, but it actually worked out to be closer to a 25mm Morpheus. 🙄 It's actually grown on me in that role once I'd adjusted my expectations for it.

If you like the 12mm ES-92, you'll love the 17mm version.  It's actually a bit better corrected at the edge, and a bit easier to hold the view in.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, John said:

Good find !

My admiration for this eyepiece has grown after some initial uncertainty.

The night before last I just used that one eyepiece in my 12 inch dob for a whole session of galaxy hunting.

Best eyepieces that ES have produced IMHO.

Galaxy hunting is exactly what I have in mind for these EPs

• Like 1