Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Flats Panel

smr

8 minutes ago, Spaced Out said:

I use a Lacerta Flatfield box, it's not the cheapest but I think the build quality is good, it's dimmable and it has worked OK for me so far !

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p8241_Lacerta-LED-Flatfield-Box-with-240-mm-usable-Diameter.html

Thanks, looks like a good bit of kit. 

I use a tablet with a 'white screen' app for my ED80 and an A4 LED panel for my RC8. It does not quite reach the very edge but it does not appear to affect the flats. You do need to careful not to buy a side lit LED as the brightness is uneven. I think mine, which has variable brightness and is USB powered cost about 30 pounds.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. 

With regards to Flats, as I don't remove the imaging train from my mount ( I carry it in with the scope attached ) is it ok to take flats the next day if everything stays the same (Camera orientation as well) ?

In theory as long as you don't move the focuser or anything else. For the amount of time Flats take I would do them in situ, but it's not critical. The other benefit of doing them before bringing everything inside is you can take them when it is dark and there is less risk of light getting in your image train - especially if you take dark flats too.

34 minutes ago, Clarkey said:

In theory as long as you don't move the focuser or anything else. For the amount of time Flats take I would do them in situ, but it's not critical. The other benefit of doing them before bringing everything inside is you can take them when it is dark and there is less risk of light getting in your image train - especially if you take dark flats too.

Is that as long as the focuser adjustments are small ? I mean if you have to refocus for temperature fluctuation throughout an imaging session you shouldn't have to take flats between each focus adjustment ? Just one set of flats at the end of the night ?