Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Rosette with DSLR and an Achromat F9.8 scope

astro mick

Just seeing what i could acheive with this type of set-up.

I used a canon 1100D coupled to an Omni 102 achromat F9.8 reduced to F7.7 to capture 36 300 secs at ISO 800.

The RGB for the stars was taken through my ED 102 at F7.

I took a set of darks,although because of these cold nights the camera kept at a cool 11 degrees.

The end result is,nt bad,but obviously not as sharp as a full APO would deliver.

The DSLR for the Nebulae was fitted with an Astronomik Ha clip Filter,theirfore allowing the Achromat to used.

So you could image at a lot lower budget,if  shoot in Narrowband.

Cheers.

Mick.

Rosette 1.png

Edited by astro mick
  • Like 8

Thanks Guys.

Even the stars through the Omni were nice and tight.It may not be as effective with RGB Filters,but as many Nebulae display Ha,it could be a cost effective way.

Below is the stacked and stretched image of the Achro H-Alpha data.

Mick.

Ha with an Achromat.png

Edited by astro mick

I think that's come out rather well. Has the DSLR been modded?

Indeed, I would have thought that achros are perfectly suitable for NB, though I would expect a need to re-focus between different bands to allow for the different focal points at different wavelengths.

Ian

50 minutes ago, The Admiral said:

I think that's come out rather well. Has the DSLR been modded?

Indeed, I would have thought that achros are perfectly suitable for NB, though I would expect a need to re-focus between different bands to allow for the different focal points at different wavelengths.

Ian

Yes Ian it has been modded.I would definately refocus between Filters as you say,but this is,nt a big deal if you do plate solving.(Say on a bright star).

Or you could perhaps invest in the new dual band Filters that have hit the market.

Mick.