Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 2683 The U.F.O. Galaxy

tomato

This is 3.5 hours using the dual Esprit 150 rig and ASI 178 cameras. 

Lum 32 x 3 min

RGB 13 x 3 min each

I currently dither on the RGB scope every 3 subs so I'm dropping 1 in 3 Lum subs, but I will try pushing this out to 1 in 4 or 5 as I couldn't see any appreciable walking noise in the final image.

Calibrated and stacked in APP, processed in ST 1.7 and AP, I  ran it through the PI image solver and annotation scripts to try and identify the numerous background galaxies, but it missed quite a few.

Thanks for looking.

384515323_4FD4408B69764F8B85FFAE7F7E5B09B0(2).jpg.610966c8fd55c806172c3d7a4f5b1b15.jpg

_4FD4408B69764F8B85FFAE7F7E5B09B0_2__Annotated.jpg.55bdcf9a21bd109ce9d019ff767c978e.jpg

Edited by tomato
Correct the title
  • Like 20

• tomato changed the title to NGC 2683 The U.F.O. Galaxy

Really lovely image! Lots of detail to be appreciated :)

On the note of losing frames on one cam while the other dithers, I know that Astrophotographytool (APT) at least can synchronize dithers for you to prevent that, might be worth a look?

https://www.astrophotography.app/usersguide/multi_camera_dithering___synchronizing.htm

Hth,

Luke

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Luke Newbould said:

Really lovely image! Lots of detail to be appreciated :)

On the note of losing frames on one cam while the other dithers, I know that Astrophotographytool (APT) at least can synchronize dithers for you to prevent that, might be worth a look?

https://www.astrophotography.app/usersguide/multi_camera_dithering___synchronizing.htm

Hth,

Luke

Thanks for this, on looking this up I have now discovered that NINA, my current choice of imaging control software, does something very similar. It does mean running everything through one laptop, but that should be OK. I will give it a try on my next outing.

• Like 1