Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Ok this will be boring to the pros..................

ukbigd

I Braved the elements tonight because at the moment cloud cover is non existent..

With the aid of Stellarium 0.9 I found Saturn relativity easy. Using my 8" Dob... I was amazed of the sight of the planet Saturn, The rings and the moons, And that I could see Even down to the black band crossing in front of Saturn.

Not boring at all :(

An 8" dobsonian can give superb views of Saturn. When the rings are tilted a bit more favourably you should be able to make out the ellusive Crepe Ring on really good nights.

John

saturn is always a must see if it's visable, no matter how many times you've seen it. at the moment it's quite nicely placed when i get home from work about 6.30am and i always have to get the grab and go to have a quick look, even this morning when it was only visable through holes in the cloud and with light snow falling :thumbright:

the other two must sees (is there such a word / phrase ?) for me are the moon and, if it's passing, the ISS (ok to be honest im a sucker for any satalite / rocket, was made up last week to spot an old cosmos booster that has been up there for 28 years and yesterday morning my joy knew no bounds when as i looked at saturn through the 10mm wth 2X barlow i saw a satalite go from north to south, passng just below saturn )

Congratulations ukbigd

That's the beauty of this hobby, nothing is ever boring, and the 'pros' are always overjoyed when they hear of a newbie spoting something for the first time... I love it.

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

I spent over an hour last week looking for Saturn!!! could I find it???? erm... nope!!!!

It's one of the many objects I really want to see (along with Jupiter, crab neb and many more)

Still, plenty time I suppose :(

Bri.

Pro? I'm not a pro and I would suggest that not many are. There is nothing boring about hearing a first light report, especially Saturn. It brings back all those great memories of when you were just starting out and the excitement of finding things.

Keep the reports up, we enjoy reading them.

Thanks for your wonderful comments, And yes its a breath taking view, And next to looking at Jupiter, Its something I will be looking at right into my dotage......

And sorry if I offended any one by call you a Pro, Its just away to make you read it. lol

Thanks TJ I enjoyed your blog...... when i stopped laughing that is lol

I Was so excited of finding and viewing Saturn I dragged the misses out into the cold to look, And after having a look I got the yea, yea that looks nice, And the funny look, and maybe the thought this guy is nuts....... Women eh

Archived