Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Camera to corrector plate c11

Oke probably it will give some bad results. But im wondering if anyone compared a hyperstar image and an image from the camera attached to the correctorplate without the hyperstar.   Im not yet in a phase where i get nightmares from elongated stars. But i do suffer from a continuous changing shoppingcart. Buy a big skymax and rasa for fast AP, or skip all these and buy a c11.  Planetary and high powered is what I prefer for visual use.   For better AP i will continue to use recractors i quess.  

The secondary mirror should have the sct thread like the visual back. Im just not sure if its really horrible, imaging that way.  

Or best to go and search the 3.3 sc reducer?

Or skip the whole c11 imaging idea?

Or....😣

Edited by Robindonne

I don't think this will work.  The optics in the Hyperstar  correct the aberrations from the F2 primary much as the corrector plate and secondary mirror combination do for the native F10 system.  Without the Hyperstar the images are likely to be horrible.     🙂 

Just a note about the 3.3 reducer...for imaging you only get a limited image circle limited to 1/3" sensors. Any sensors larger than this you get vignetting.

If you go down the route of focal reducers for SCTs, a better option may be to go for the Starizona night owl x0.4 reducers for SC. This has a image circle designed up to 16mm.

38 minutes ago, Peter Drew said:

don't think this will work.

I have really zero experience with this method.   A c11 and hyperstar is getting to expensive for me.  While searching for alternatives i came across some discussions about this method.  
Funstar and freestar for example.  
They just dont show any images to compare.   

Do you think its possible to select a flattener based on an image? To improve most parts of the image.

43 minutes ago, festoon said:

you only get a limited image circle limited to 1/3"

Well i think that will just work.   I use a dslr at this moment.  For the sct probably a small 462 camera.  Or maybe not😬

Edited by Robindonne