Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Paint suggestion

Hi, I have a paint chip on a new Skywatcher 250 P Classic Dobs OTA. Just under 1 sq cm. Hoping someone in the community could advise as to a suitable paint type/colour match. Likely an oil based solution? 
Not sure on appropriate section here but starting with my first request for help!

Thanks in advance!

Thanks Glen, thats useful.

Just a couple of follow up questions - Did you use a standard primer for the undercoat, and did you find appliance white to be a good colour match, since the scope tube is slightly “off white” on Skywatcher Classic Dobs ? 

Thanks and Clear Skies 

AD

I used the standard grey primer or the yellowish primer/filler that Halfords sell. Yes, the colour match is quite good on a lot of 'off white' scope tubes. Just remember that light thin coats work best, and give each coat time to dry. You can of course lacquer it after if you need to. Perhaps the time of year isn't good at the moment for spraying outside.

Stay safe.

Glen.