Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

DSLR Adapter

36 minutes ago, happy-kat said:

what camera do you have an what do you want to fit it to?

It's a Canon EOS 600D, not great spec but still takes OK photos. 

I have a 6" dobsonian. I would like to get some nice moon photos to start with. 

Thanks

Andy

for 1.25" you need this and the T ring happy cat linked to

they fit together and allow you to use the camera just like an eyepiece

Astro Essentials 1.25" T Mount Camera Nosepiece Adapter | First Light Optics

Image12.jpg

Depending on which dob you have , you may need to add or remove spacers in the focus tube to get the camera to focus correctly without the focus tube being too far inside the dob , many dobs include these adapters by default. 

Edited by fifeskies
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Andy350 said:

Thanks for think.  I have the sky-watcher classic 150P.

It did come with a 2" adapter as well. 

This is worth a look for your scope - esp from around 3:00 in.

Edited by Pixies
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Andy350 said:

One last question, is there any benefit from using the 2" t adapter rather than the 1.25"?

You need a t-ring rather than either 2" or 1.25" nosepiece with a t-thread ie. Astro Essentials T Rings | First Light Optics . The youtube above video shows how to attach the t-ring to the focuser. If you use a nosepiece adapter in the eyepiece holder the camera might be too far away from the secondary to achieve focus.

3 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

You need a t-ring rather than either 2" or 1.25" nosepiece with a t-thread ie. Astro Essentials T Rings | First Light Optics . The youtube above video shows how to attach the t-ring to the focuser. If you use a nosepiece adapter in the eyepiece holder the camera might be too far away from the secondary to achieve focus.

Sorry, just getting confused, if a buy the camera adapter then I don't need the nose piece that slots into the telescopes focuser? 

26 minutes ago, Cornelius Varley said:

That is correct. All you need is a Canon EOS t-ring.  Watch the video for an explanation and the remedy

Makes sense now, just noticed that there is a thread on the part that can screw into the EOS T-ring.