Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Stellarsolver on Astroberry

CedricTheBrave

There has been a new (to me) platesolver on Astroberry since the last update and it looks from the outset a lot more complicated with various options and profiles you can setup.

for me the old system worked very well but now its flaky

has anyone looked at this or have experience with anything but the default settings?

is there anything that needs to be added etc?

38 minutes ago, CedricTheBrave said:

There has been a new (to me) platesolver on Astroberry since the last update and it looks from the outset a lot more complicated with various options and profiles you can setup.

for me the old system worked very well but now its flaky

has anyone looked at this or have experience with anything but the default settings?

is there anything that needs to be added etc?

Hi and Merry Xmas...

The new solver works but there are a few teething issues, but both Astrometry and ASTAP are still there to use, I have set mine back to local Astrometry and it works as it did before, but it won’t save the setting so when I reboot it goes back to the new Stellasolver, this has been sorted now but won’t get updated in Astroberry until the next stable release of Kstars....

What issues are you having....?

• Like 1

Hi

To use what you had before -from your post maybe ASTAP(?)- just select it in the drop down.

If you want to try StellarSolver, you will have to download the astrometry index files. 

HTH

ss2.jpg.001aa76f4e9e7ddd246cc6b5ea2294a4.jpgss3.jpg.9d2c8bfcd25d42f8f801f649894f6510.jpg

Edited by alacant
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CedricTheBrave said:

ok thanks guys 

it just came up saying solve failed.

I will check these and try to revert back to what it was. bit of a pain it not saving correctly

have a great Christmas day

The save issue has been resolved, but as AB does not use the latest nightly repository then we have to wait until it’s in the stable version, unless you want to build from source....👍🏼

1 hour ago, Stuart1971 said:

The save issue has been resolved, but as AB does not use the latest nightly repository then we have to wait until it’s in the stable version, unless you want to build from source....👍🏼

I will wait its not a biggie now I know

thanks for the info

• Like 1