Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sun december 24th. Quark first light

At dusk

Hi

Recently I had to sell my lunt 80 to finance other more earthly needs. I've replaced it with a quark. This is its first light. Two conclusions: I'm gonna miss the lunt and I need a tilter to avoid newton rings. Anyway here are my first pictures with this set up. I used a zenisthar 73 (and herschell for white light)

1.thumb.jpg.80ec3068f1d58c14b426f6df69368be6.jpg

prom-denoise-low-light.jpg.3c75a7fbc57ae3d80ebf96767aff467c.jpg

1500536015_spotblanca.jpg.2c41cad7ad83dd586c17b16098d9b502.jpg

• Like 15

That quark clearly is going to be way better than your lunt 80.   The newton rings are pretty-much standard on all equipment nowadays, so dont fret over it.  Just get a camera tilt adapter.  Or downgrade to a CCD based sensor.     

place that quark in a a 127mm objective telescope and you will forget lunt even existed on day one.    Save up for a  baader planetarium 200mm D-erf filter paired with a 200mm coma free SCT and again,  the tiny 80mm objective will be a relic from the past.

based on this one picture, you are one of the chosen few that was provided an outstanding quark.   

CHEERS!

I appreciate the answers.

I intend to use the quark awith my lzos 130 f9 too. But that won’t be in the near future. ERFs can be almost as expensive as a full solar telescope.

I was about to order a tilter from zwo. But I’ve ordered a QHY462c and I suppose I can’t use the zwo tilter with the QHY

Does anyone now about a tilt device that I can use with the QHY camera?

Regards

Edited by At dusk