Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

SATURN FIRST TIME

Andromeda

long story spred over 2 days but anyway i was out friday with the tal. had a good time starwacthing but just as i picked the scope up to take it in the house i looked to the east horizon and spotted a small fast moving star so i got the tal on it and it was saturn :hello1: i could see the rings and everthing .

then yesterday i took the skywatcher out and spoted saturn again since it was early i planed to stay out a long time before the dec moter dive came off it's mouting. but it was defently saturn althouth there was more glare with the reflecter i could see the ring of light on the sides. any tips on veiwing of this awesome planet and does it rise earlyer as the days progrees because the first time i saw it was 22:20 and the second time was 20:18 but i am sure the second time it was saturn because it was in the same part of sky and mving the samespeed

Try stellarium its a free download programme and will tell you where all the stars and planets are located and at what time they rise etc etc,it will show you the exact position of saturns rings and satellites for example ,you can programme which part of the world you are viewing from ,many here find it a great starter programme :(

• 1 month later...

Well done on seeing Saturn for the first time, it's truely an amazing sight and one you probably won't forget. The rings at the moment aren't their best due to the angle but it's still one brilliant object to take in. It does get up earlier as Leo makes it way across the sky and rises ealier each evening you'll be able to view Saturn at slightly more suitable times.:lol:

Sam

Archived