Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ASIair wifi failure

Adreneline

Hi ASIair owners.

My ASIair has thrown a wobbler. The wifi signal seems to have died. I've tried replacing the SD with a previous backup with no joy - there is nothing.

Does anyone have experience of this and have any thoughts on how to fix the problem. Is it just a standard RPi3B+ or is it in someway customised by ZWO - looks pretty standard to me.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in anticipation.

Adrian

On 22/12/2020 at 19:44, Davey-T said:

Did you reset the Wi Fi ?

Dave

Hi Dave. Do you mean on the ASIair  or do you mean my router? Not sure I know how to reset the ASIair. My concern is that nothing happens at all. I connected a monitor and there’s no video output at all. I connected a network cable and the LAN socket shows no network activity at all. It doesn’t look good to me 🙁

Adrian

8 hours ago, Adreneline said:

Hi Dave. Do you mean on the ASIair  or do you mean my router? Not sure I know how to reset the ASIair. My concern is that nothing happens at all. I connected a monitor and there’s no video output at all. I connected a network cable and the LAN socket shows no network activity at all. It doesn’t look good to me 🙁

Adrian

1823933850_ASAIRWiFi.PNG.36c808cc07b9feae3b28f51a5acaf1fc.PNG

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, StevieDvd said:

Do you get any led activity on power on when the SD card is being read? There is/was a way to see if the Pi has a corrupted firmware - which can be reset. 

Have a looke here for remedies.

Hi. Thanks for the link - it appears to cover just the RPi4 and not the Pi3B+. The only led activity is the power led - there is no activity from the green led at all. I've put my own Pi3B+ in the ASIair case but of course it requires reauthorization by ZWO and each time I do that it fails - no surprise there! I've tried using the QR code to download the app again but the response is 'Unsupported Product' so I've emailed ZWO and am awaiting a response. I am assuming the authorisation is maybe linked to the MAC address in the Broadcom unit on the Pi. :( 

All a tad frustrating really.

Thanks for your help.

Adrian

6 minutes ago, Davey-T said:

Asair Pro is a great piece of kit provided you've got ZWO bits to go with it.

I've got all the bits - I'm ZWO through and through! I didn't go for the PE when it was available because I'd only just bought the ASIair - it's only 14 months old so I'm a bit sad it's failed - especially as I've just got my new scope :( 

Thanks again.

Adrian

On 24/12/2020 at 15:31, StevieDvd said:

Have you tried a new or reflashed sd-card if you have a spare one, with just the power led on it may indicate a known sdcard issue.

I have tried a new re-flashed card without success.

However!!! ZWO have come to the rescue. I sent them and email outlining my plight and they responded almost by return and offered a new validation code in receipt of the SN for the old Pi and the SN for the new Pi - they even supplied detailed instructions on where to get the required info. I sent an email and within 5 minutes on Christmas Day I got a new license and revalidation code and bingo!! - I was back up and running in minutes.

Well done ZWO - brilliant customer service.

All I need now is some clear nights.

Adrian

• Like 2