Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Binocular finderscope

Does anyone have an up-to-date recommendation for easily attaching a finderscope (red dot, presumably) to big binoculars? I have Opticron Oregon 20 x 80 with a central bar.

I have done some googling but all the proposed solutions I could find didn't seem to be available anymore.

Finding things hand-held is no trouble but with a tripod it an be quite a pain.

Thanks

I have Helios Lightquest 20x80 binoculars. I use the Rigel finder and the set up works excellently. Please see attached photograph. The Rigel base is adhered to a little pad of foam to slightly level it at the back. The two thin velcro straps are simply used for a little extra security. The Rigel can still easily be removed from its base. My dew shields can also be seen in the picture. 

IMG_7855.JPG

19 minutes ago, WinchesterAstro said:

So the Rigel finder comes with a very adhesive sticker on the base, then? Looks promising, not least because presumably with two bases the finder could also be used on a telesope? Thanks.

Yes, just today I got round to spending some time finding where to site the quickfinder I got in the FLO black Friday sale on my 127 mak , so can confirm the quickfinder comes with two bases, with differently angled edges to accommodate different  telescope tube diameters . Mine came with double sided adhesive foam strips, two per base, they seem to hold the smaller diameter base securely to the mak tube.  The bases also have a single countersunk hole in the centre which could be used to fix them down.

The bases are both  65mm long x  51mm wide if that helps work out if they would be a practical solution for your binoculars.

Heather

Hi I have a pair of Celestron 15x 70 binoculars which come with  a clip on bracket that carries the red dot finder.

this is a well made bracket and works very well  I believe that this can be purchased from Celestron dealers