Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ngc1805 uhc

alacant

uhc.thumb.jpg.9344d0420177533ba7305599ff0465d6.jpg

Hi everyone

A friend brought this along. It seems to do much like the new duo filters, rendering colourless stars and far fewer of them, but unlike the latter, doesn't cost €silly.

I'm not a fan of/don't understand the latest false colour stuff, but this gives an interesting effect and enhances the hydrogen glow detail well.

uhc2.jpg.5da7f1f99a0b856f4b9cda93eac10c7e.jpg

I can't find a graph of a false colour filter, but here's the spectrum for this one.

Thanks for looking and do post if you've had a go with one of these.

eos700d. ~3 hours @ ISO800

2077553969_1-1805(1).thumb.jpg.9fa81a3f050d6cc2eacdfdd366acd366.jpg

Edited by alacant
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, alacant said:

uhc.thumb.jpg.9344d0420177533ba7305599ff0465d6.jpg

Hi everyone

A friend brought this along. It seems to do much like the new duo filters, but doesn't cost €silly (it says here).

I'm not a fan of/don't understand the latest false colour stuff, but this gives an interesting effect and seems to enhance the detail.

uhc2.jpg.5da7f1f99a0b856f4b9cda93eac10c7e.jpg

I can't find a graph of the false colour filter, but here's the spectrum for this one.

Thanks for looking and do post if you've had a go with one of these.

2077553969_1-1805(1).thumb.jpg.9fa81a3f050d6cc2eacdfdd366acd366.jpg

It is a very nice capture and has come out well. I bought a L enHance from Optolong and hated it, I actually sold it on before my card had been paid, just did not like the colours it gave at all. On reflection I should maybe have done a mixed stack to see if it improved.

Alan

13 hours ago, alacant said:

Maybe you had a different filter (?) as that one has the same graph. Maybe they're just re-marketed...

Cheers

I do remember it had a much tighter graph than you showed for the one you used, it is on FLO's sight if you wish to look. Gone now, the good thing is the guy that bought it was very pleased.

Alan

2 hours ago, alan potts said:

much tighter graph

Sorry Alan

My bad. I didn't read your post properly. You had the l-enhance. This is the UHC. Both made in the same factory. It's the former I deemed overpriced.

Reading a little about them, they were designed for light polluted skies but IMHO they'd be better marketed sold as get-more-detail-in-nebula filters.

Be warned though, they need a helluva load more exposure time than unfiltered. 

I'm still not convinced; the stars look just as bad as with mono cameras and false colour. 

Cheers and clear skies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alacant said:

Sorry Alan

My bad. I didn't read your post properly. You had the l-enhance. This is the UHC. Both made in the same factory. It's the former I deemed overpriced.

Reading a little about them, they were designed for light polluted skies but IMHO they'd be better marketed sold as get-more-detail-in-nebula filters.

Be warned though, they need a helluva load more exposure time than unfiltered. 

I'm still not convinced; the stars look just as bad as with mono cameras and false colour. 

Cheers and clear skies.

Yes that was the one I had and was not impressed, yes they are pricey too, there is an extreme version now and that is about 230 quid.

When I had the Lenhance I just did the normal 4 minutes that I do, not very adventurous with time on the shutter, with my site I dare say I go double that exposure on a moonless night, must try some different lengths.

Alan