Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

USB3 port not working

Skipper Billy

I have resurrected an old laptop for lunar imaging as I want to take video using my ASI 178 and a guide scope.

This will produce a huge file at a high frame rate and really needs USB3

The two USB2 ports on the machine work but the USB3 port is dead.

Its a reasonable spec machine - ASUS i5 - 16gb Ram - 256 SSD -very latest version of W10

Any suggestions ??? I am fairly certain that the USB3 port was working last time I used it.

Had this with my Lenovo.  There is an aggravating feature in the power management menu (as I recall) where you have an option to disable USB power management.  Mr. Gate’s minions keep enabling it every so often when they “update” their wretched software, and that seems to switch off some of the USB ports.  Might be worth checking.

3 hours ago, Hallingskies said:

Mr. Gate’s minions keep enabling it every so often when they “update” their wretched software

Pity that he left the day to day running of Microsoft in 2000 and only recently left the board (Bill Gates leaves Microsoft board (cnbc.com))

you'll have to blame Satya instead....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1