NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Space X Starlink

alan potts

Well what a strange sight that was last night, never seen anything like it before, a very long line of unevenly space satellites, sort of reminded me of circus elephants. Then as it stretched from the horizon to almost directly overhead they disappeared one by one as they went into shadow from the earth.

Alan 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, theropod said:

I’g only seen one string of 21 such eyesores,  but with time it will become the norm instead of the exception, sadly. My string were all spaced very evenly apart.

In the main they were spaced pretty much even but a few were out on order, I would say it was a string of 30 or so.

Alan

3 hours ago, StevieDvd said:

Can you imagine what I thought when I first saw such a train of about 28 and did not realise what they were!

It’s events such as this that get the UFO brigade going into overdrive, and not forgetting of course those poor abductees and the horrors they went through. Yeah, must have been awful, apart from the tour round the galaxy bit lol.

Edited by Moonshed
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Moonshed said:

It’s events such as this that get the UFO brigade going into overdrive, and not forgetting of course those poor abductees and the horrors they went through. Yeah, must have been awful, apart from the tour round the galaxy bit lol.

I have to admit I wondered for a split second, then though i didn't know what they were remember a comment a while back saying about these going through someones astro photo frame, I got my wife and son out to see them.

Alan

7 minutes ago, alan potts said:

I have to admit I wondered for a split second, then though i didn't know what they were remember a comment a while back saying about these going through someones astro photo frame, I got my wife and son out to see them.

Alan

Hi Alan, it must have been quiet a spectacle, I haven’t seen any but would love to, as long as they didn’t mess up any subs lol.

Keith

2 hours ago, Moonshed said:

Hi Alan, it must have been quiet a spectacle, I haven’t seen any but would love to, as long as they didn’t mess up any subs lol.

Keith

I have that plane tracker on the computer and opened it last night whilst in the observatory to see there was just the one plane in the airspace around here for many miles, you guessed it flew right through the middle of my first sub. Lord knows what the string of lines would have done, very interesting sight though.

Alan