Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First light for SX Ultrastar Pro

callump

First couple of images worth sharing with the new SX Ultrastar Pro camera.

The new version of the Ultrastar is claimed to have lower read noise and quicker readout time. It also comes in the new SX blue body colour.

Its a bit different in use to the ZWO ASI174mm camera, but seems to be at least of similar sensitivity, and is a lot less noisy and no circuit glow.

Still some tweaks to make to the working distance of the focal reducer with the new camera.

Overall it looks to be a good step up. 

Here are a couple of images from last night. M 1 the Crab Nebula and NGC 1514 a Pn. Both in Taurus. NGC 1514 looks really interesting, so I think I will need tor return to it.

m1_20201123_270s_800_annot.jpg.f920d8dae41ac9cfdff7bc5db4635787.jpg

ngc1514_20201122_270s_800_annot.jpg.bc4ffefa982c003dd11577890ea2f11f.jpg

Callum

• Like 5

Hi Callum, good to see you are underway with the Ultrastar /C11 set up. I use a distance of 105mm from the back of the Celestron 0.63 reducer to the chip but I am not convinced it is that critical. 100mm seems OK as well with my C11. Interesting that we can now compare results as we have identical set ups (that is when I use the C11).  I have just looked at my post of NGC 1514 in the PN thread - we seem to have very similar results but using very different subs and final tweaking of the stack.

Have fun,

Mike