NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Damp views !

cotterless45

Waiting, waiting and at last an early start and through to midnight. The dew was extreme , eventually freezing . Gave competing with that a miss.

Another few views of Mars. I've been busy tweaking between aperture closure and filters. Old school moon filter came out best , along with some transient light high cloud. 

Taurus looked remarkably comfy to view on my chair , so  I visited a few  binary gems . IMG_0001.thumb.JPG.6eb43fc9efa7228a1469bfde67fa2cc1.JPG

Of these Σ559 showed a real gem of a brilliantly bright pair split by a hair .

Drifted around some Messier's and old favourites.IMG_0002.thumb.JPG.327a09f9d41afb73d29826b98e532234.JPG

Hoping that you're all keeping safe , wrap up for those winter gems ,

Nick.

• Like 12

Clear here at 9.30pm just a bit of cloud so went for a shave came down full cloud.  Checked every half hour got to just past 12 and had some very fine rain so gave up. Woke up at 4.30 felt the cold straight away looked out crystal clear I should of stayed up kicking myself now I didn't.

Great report Nick and a couple extra for me to add to my Taurus list.

Hi Nick, great sketches as usual, thanks for sharing.

At the weekend (as part of the North West AstroFest), I watched an online talk by Mary McIntyre about sketching astronomical observations. I immediately flashed back to you showing your impressive collection at PSP 😃

I still haven't managed a decent session on Mars either. Weather, health and equipment never seem to align for me, however I am always hopeful and may get a chance later this week - if the pesky clouds stay away!

Duncan

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...